Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Craft - Day 4 - Handprint Corkboard

I think that every mom loves getting something with your child's hand print on it.  When Alex was in daycare, I loved when he would bring home his artwork with his hand print on it.  Those are the things that you save, the things you look back at as they grow bigger and bigger each year.

Today, Alex, Amelia, and I created a cork board with a hand print border.  Cork boards are a great thing to have around the house.  They are great places to hang pictures, drawings, or reminder notes.  I need to hand Alex's kindergarten supply list on this one so that I remember to get everything that he needs for the school year.

I bought the cork board at Joann's for under $4 and a few scrapbook pages to cut out the hand prints. I let Alex pick out two sheets for himself and two sheets for Amelia.

I started by cutting out two hand prints out of each piece of paper - a total of 4 of each child.  Alex's hands were easy to trace but it is always fun trying to trace the hand of a 9 month old active baby.  I only traced one hand of each child and used that one for a pattern for each of the other prints.  I decided that was much easier than trying to trace her hand over and over.

I then glued ribbon around the edge of the entire border of the cork board.  I started with Washi tape but it would not stick.  It just kept pulling off.

After that, I arranged the hands around the border and glued each down.  It is as simple as that and super cute.  I cannot wait to hang it up and start using it.  What a great way to always see how little your kids were as they grow right before your eyes?

This is a very easy project and completely adaptable to the colors that you would like.  You could also dot paint a border and use cute stickers.  Be creative and make it yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment