Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Craft - Day 3 - Paper Floral Arrangement

While I was at the thrift store, I was walking around and just happened upon this little pink bucket and knew I could do something with it.  I decided that I would create a floral arrangement with paper flowers.  I am horrible with real flowers so paper and fabric ones are great for me.

I started this project with Alex and I going outside and gathering sticks.  What four year old little boy does not like going outside and gathering sticks?  After collecting 10 sticks we came back in and started cutting out some paper flowers.

Before we started making and arranging the flowers, Alex poured a bag of dried beans into the bucket.  The dried beans help the sticks stand up and are lightweight.

I laid the flowers down and had Alex tape the sticks to the flowers.  Alex LOVES tape.  It can be found all over our house on lots of different surfaces.



We then placed the flowers in the bucket arranging them as we went.

Lastly, we took the bucket outside and added a few rocks to the top to cover the beans and help steady the flowers even more.

I have to say it turned out pretty cute.  Moms love homemade gifts from there kids and this is a really cute and easy one for any mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment