Sunday, May 4, 2014

Birthday Present for Granny - Hand Print Apron

Tomorrow is my mom's birthday.  One of her favorite things to get for her birthday is something handmade from the grandkids.  I decided to take Alex and Amelia to let them pick out something they would like to make for Granny and something that she would also enjoy getting as a present. Well, I guess it was mostly Alex choosing since Amelia is just 9 months old.  He finally settled on a red apron and some puffy fabric paint.  He chose hot pink (Granny's favorite), green, and grey.  They grey and hot pink are also glow in the dark.  I mean what Granny does not want an apron made with glow in the dark paint??

I started the project by laying the apron in the kitchen floor.  You will need a flt spot to do this project because the paint will have to lay flat for several hours.  I then used chalk to make an outline of each of the kid's hand to trace with the paint and turn into flowers.  I then let Alex decorate as he wanted.  My mother loves gifts that shows the kid's creativity.  My mom is a former preschool teacher and loves things that show what a child can do.  This can be a little messy but that is okay. If you want your apron to be neater, you can just trace the hand prints and do the decorations yourself.


This is a super simple project to create and very easy to personalize for the person that you are making.  Don't be afraid the let your child be creative even if it means things will get a little messy. It may look messy in your eyes, but BEAUTIFUL in Granny's eyes!  Be creative and have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment