Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Craft - Day 2 - DIY Floral Picture Frame from Thrift Store Items

Today's craft would be great for any mom or granny that loves to take pictures of the kids.  I know my mom always has her camera with her anytime she is with the kids for any reason.  She loves to take pictures and always needs another picture frame.

I started by taking a quick trip to the thrift store to pick up a picture frame and some fabric flowers. I got lucky and found both.  I paid $0.69 for 5x7 frame and $0.99 for a bag of fabric flowers.  Fabric flowers are great for me because real flowers and I do not get along.  I am the person that managed to kill a cactus garden.  Never even knew that was possible until it happened to me.



I started by pulling most of the flowers off the stems.  I then put glue around the perimeter of the frame.

I then let Alex place the flowers around the frame.  I then went back and filled in a few places.


The frame turned from a plain navy frame to a beautiful floral picture frame worthy of any picture of kids.

This was simple and easy for small kids to do.  It was also inexpensive for those that are on a budget.


Be creative and have fun!  If your mom likes feathers, to sew (you could glue on buttons), or has another hobby, feel free to personalize the frame to her likes!


No comments:

Post a Comment