Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wonderful Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

Alex has been asking me for a few days to make some chocolate chip cookies.  I finally remembered to get some butter last night so after Amelia went down for her nap today we went to the kitchen and started making cookies.

Here are the ingredients that you will need:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (I used dark)
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour ( I always use unbleached ap flour)
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. hot water
1/2 tsp. salt
1 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips ( I used milk chocolate)
1 tsp instant coffee

Now for the recipe. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

1. Cream together the butter, white, and brown sugar.  Please make sure that you take your butter out of the fridge so that it is really softened.  It will not cream together with cold butter that is still hard.





2. Beat in two eggs.  Add the vanilla and stir it in.


3. In a separate bowl, mix baking soda and hot water together so that the soda dissolves.  Add to the mixture with the salt and stir together.



 4. Normally, I would say add the flour in slowly to incorporate it but I had an eager four year old helping me and he put all the flour in at once.  Stir in the flour. Stir in the chocolate chips and the coffee.  I always add coffee into something when I am baking with chocolate.  You will not taste it but it will really enhance the chocolate taste.




5.  Using a large spoon (I used a tablespoon measuring spoon) drop the cookie dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets.  Bake for 12 minutes or until golden around the edges.



I have to say these cookies are awesome!  They were crunchy around the edges and chewy in the middle.  Best of all they are four year old approved!  Let them cool on a cooling rack and enjoy!  This recipe makes a lot.  I made 54 cookies with this batch so you have plenty to share with someone else.




If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment