Monday, June 9, 2014

Father's Day Craft - Day 1 - 10 Reason I Love Dad hanger


As Father's Day quickly approaches, I thought that it would be fun to do a new Father's Day craft every day with the kids.  Alex loves to make things for his daddy and doing this everyday this week will be very exciting for him.

Today's craft was something that his daddy can hang on his desk at work.  I have seen the Popsicle stick crafts that fold, but we decided to make it with glue and add ribbon so that daddy can hang it up at work.

Here is what you will need:
11 Popsicle sticks
glue - We used wood glue.
a small piece of ribbon
sharpie


First, I wrote 10 things that Alex loves about his daddy on each stick.  On one stick you will want to write "10 Things I Love About Dad". (Sorry this one is upside down! )

Next, I lined all of the sticks up in order.  I love the one that says he builds snowmen with me.  I think that we get about an inch or 2 of snow total in a year here. HAHA!
Then I glued all of the sticks together using the wood glue and after it had a few minutes to begin to dry I glue the ribbon to the back.
    
This is the final product.  I think that Tim will really enjoy this simple but meaningful gift.  It is so cute to hear the reasons your little ones love you.  





If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment