Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day Craft - DIY Camera for Daddy

My husband Tim is an avid photographer.  He always has a camera with him so that he can get a picture whenever he feels the need.  Most of the artwork on our walls are photographs that he has taken through the years.  They are amazing!  With all that being said, it is really hard to buy him something for his hobby since his camera stuff is very specific and I have no idea what most of it is. I decided that Alex and I would make him a camera as a frame for a picture of Alex and Amelia.

Here is what you will need:
A box - I used a PopTart box
A jar lid - I used on from single serve microwavable rice
black paint
a small cube or cylinder
a picture





You will need to start out by painting the box, lids, and cylinder black.  You will need time for it to dry before you can move on to the next step.



Here is what it looks like with everything painted.


You will need to trace the shape of the lid onto the picture so that you can cut it out to fit inside the lid.



You will then glue the lid on the front of the camera and the lid and cylinder onto the top of the camera.





This is what it looks like in the end.  I think that it turned out awesome.  I know that Tim will love it and I am sure that he will display it with some of his vintage cameras.  This is a simple project but it does takes a little time since the paint and glue both have to dry.






If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment